Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No School

Tropical Storm Fay has robbed Jax of 1 of his last 5 days with his school buddies. They just announced that school is cancelled tomorrow thanks to Fay who seems to be taking her sweet time moving across the state. She'll move through our area tomorrow with winds in excess of 65 mph and potentially even stronger gusts. We've been told that we could get more than 10 inches of rain over the next 24 hours which I would think could cause lots of headaches and flooding. I'm not too worried though. We've got a big man made pond in our backyard. Surely the water will flow towards that.

Our home inspection was scheduled for tomorrow though. I'm thinking that will probably need to be rescheduled. I doubt the inspector will want to wade through the storm to inspect the exterior, but at least we'll know whether the roof is in good shape!

1 comment:

mandi said...

"at least we'll know if the roof is in good shape" I love your positive attitude. Hope the storm passes quickly!