Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dilemma

Jax faced quite the dilemma today. He was torn between 2 loves, one old and one new. As you already know, he's a big Nascar fan, and today is the Pocono race. It's 200 laps long, and normally Jax would watch every single lap, despite Mommy's protests, like a die-hard fan.

Today, however, he strayed from Nascar. You see, on Friday, Jax discovered the X-games on ESPN. He has been watching all kinds of insanity involving skateboards, BMX bikes, Motor-Cross, and even some Rally car racing. The stunts these guys do are nothing short of amazing, and we've witnessed both the good and bad outcomes. As with Nascar, Jax seems to enjoy watching them crash more than he enjoys seeing them successfully complete their jump or trick.

While watching some highlight footage from one of the BMX stunt competitions, Anh asked Jax, "Can you do that on your bicycle?" Jax immediately blurted out, "Yeah," and then paused for a second and said, "Actually, No!" It was like he had the thought, "Yeah, I can totally do that. Let's go!" Then he realized, "What am I crazy!" I'm a little worried about what he might attempt the next time he gets on his bike.

He's not abandoning Nascar all together though. When the X-game coverage ended, he immediately wanted to watch Nascar. I think Jax might very well turn out to be an adrenaline junkie.

No comments: