Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks

School was once again cancelled today, robbing Jax of another day with his buddies before he transfers to his new school. Non-emergency surgeries were also cancelled, which means I have not 1, but 2 restless boys climbing the walls for a 4th straight day. Will this storm ever move on?!

The wind and rain were pretty intense this morning, but now seem to be letting up. I checked the radar, and it appears like we'll have a little break from the intensity. I asked Anh whether we should head out to a restaurant with an indoor playground to let Jax get some energy out. He agreed it was probably a good idea. So we started getting ready to leave the house for only the 2nd time in 4 days. Yeah!

Jax watched as I applied my makeup, at one point even asking, "What are you doing?" I looked at him and said, "I'm putting on my makeup, Silly. You know that." His response, "Oh. So you don't scare people?" What?! Gee thanks, Jax!