Friday, August 15, 2008

Spreading the News

Today we shared the news of our impending move with Jax's current school teachers. There was an open house celebrating the start of the new school year next Monday, and since we finalized the financing on the new house this morning, we figured it was time to let them know that Jax would be leaving. I didn't want to deprive some other kid of the chance to attend in Jax's place, but at the same time, I didn't want to give up our spot only to find out that our plans had fallen through. All is coming together though, so it's pretty much official.

Jax's best friend, Baylor, just happened to be there with his mom when Anh shared the news. She looked really sad when she heard the news, and said, "Baylor is going to be devastated. Jax is his best friend and all that he ever talks about." She started to call Baylor over to tell him, but then said, "You know what, I'm not even going to tell him. He'll be too upset." Luckily, Baylor's mom has an office up North too. We're hoping to schedule some play dates so the boys can continue to see each other. We'll see if it works out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so sweet! Someone loves Jax as a best friend! I am teary-eyed...seriously.