Jaxon is officially registered for Kindergarten!!! That makes me officially old!!! Just kidding. Anh is old. Ha! Again, kidding. However, Jaxon's registration sort of snuck up on us. It seems like we were just enrolling him in 2-year old preschool. I guess the days/weeks/months all sort of start to blend together, and you can easily lose track of time. While the paperwork may be complete, the first day is still a few months away. That fact is sort of lost on Jax though. He's already telling people that he's in Kindergarten. Looks like we won't have to worry much about how he'll transition!
The only bump in the road I anticipate is making new friends or maybe I should say parting ways with old ones. Jax is very social. So, I don't worry about him meeting new buddies. However, Jax was sort of upset when he learned that his two main playmates weren't going to be at the registration session for his new school because they will be going to a different school next year. He seemed to understand when I explained that we'd still see them outside of school, but I knew he was dwelling on the issue when I saw the artwork Jax drew as a pastime while I completed the enrollment paperwork.
When I glanced down to see what Jax was working on with his paper & crayons, I saw that he had drawn 2 boys inside of big circle with a line through it. I asked Jax, "What's that, buddy?" He looked at me with big puppy dog eyes and said, "It's Christian and Aiden. They aren't allowed." I felt so bad for Jax at that moment, but something tells me he'll survive. As we took our tour of the school, Jax started to perk up, especially after he learned that he'd be able to buy ice cream at lunch and that Fridays are pizza & movie day in the lunchroom. Jax also approved of the playground and the P.E. area. I guess we know what his favorite subject will be!
After the tour, it was Jax's turn for assessment. The administrator took him to the back of the media center and went through a series of exercises to determine his classroom placement. I wasn't provided with any feedback on how things went, but I can tell you that Jax was with the administrator twice as long as the kid before him. I have no idea whether that's a good or a bad sign, but something tells me it's good because I've said it before & I'll say it again, "My kid ain't no dummy."
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment