Friday, April 9, 2010

This Is Not a Democracy

I'm sure you think I'm about to rant and rave about something political with that as my entry title, and trust me, I could. However, I'll spare you from my political thoughts because it's Friday & we all just want some good light-hearted fun, right? So, instead let me share a story about a little dictator that has risen to power lately. His name is Baylor, and he currently believes that he alone controls the car radio.

Under Baylor's control, you are allowed to change the channel when you initially start the car, but I suggest you choose your station wisely because you may not get the opportunity to channel surf again until you exit & re-enter the vehicle. God forbid you dare change the station during an actual song. It doesn't matter if the song is annoying or completely inappropriate for a child's ears. Nope, Baylor does not believe in interrupting the artists. He will scream until you return to the original station, and don't think for a second that you can fool him. He knows what song he was listening to!

Oh, and don't assume that just because it's a commercial you can change the station either. Evidently, Baylor enjoys certain commercials or, more likely, he enjoys his new power over the radio. Either way, he'll scream until you're once again listening to the blah, blah, blah sales pitch of the moment. I have managed to outsmart the little dictator on one level though. If I hookup my iPhone to the car stereo, I can listen to MY commercial-free programming. Shhhhh! Don't tell The Boss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baylor's dictatorial tendencies for the remote must come from his dad. Anh used to rule the remote and change whatever Smurfs or He-Man show I was watching to the dreaded ESPN.