Saturday, April 3, 2010
Eggstravaganza
The Easter Bunny came early! He stopped by our neighborhood's Easter Eggstravaganza on Saturday. In addition to baseball fields littered with candy-filled eggs, the bunny arranged for some fun activities for the kids. Jax & Baylor were eager to explore the offerings, but paused momentarily so I could snap a quick photo. I'm not going to lie. There was some protesting to the delay of their fun, but in the end they smiled to get it over with and make me happy.
As soon as I gave them the thumbs up, both boys were racing towards the bounce houses. I'm beginning to think that bounce houses are required for any & all children's functions. You'd think the kids would get tired of them, but that just never seems to happen.
Before Jax and Baylor were a complete sweaty mess, I suggested that we pause the bounce house fun and move on to visit the ponies. Baylor agreed to the proposal, but he refused to walk with me. Why would he when his best friend Grandfather's hand was available?
Jax didn't seem to understand the need for a guide. He was ready to give that pony a little nudge that would hopefully result in some get-up-and-go!
Baylor on the other hand, felt no need for speed, but I do think he would have enjoyed having his toy 6-shooters to complete the experience. Next year, we'll remember to pack those.

As if ponies on the soccer field weren't enough, there was also a train on the basketball courts. It was like a little boy's dream come true...bounce houses, ponies, and a train! It was almost enough to make you forget all about those candy-filled eggs.

I said ALMOST! Of course, Jax and Baylor weren't going to pass up the opportunity to earn a treat, especially if it included the chance to snatch it out of some other kid's grasp. I'm kidding...sort of. All manners are essentially out the window when it comes to egg hunting.
And, they're off!!! Jax had a good strategy, passing up on most of the infield eggs and instead making a beeline for the heavily egged outfield. Always thinking!
As a result, he ended up with a fair amount of loot. We'll be rationing candy for weeks, I assure you.
With Baylor, I was actually worrying that maybe we should have taken the time to give him a little lesson about how to hunt eggs. I wasn't sure he'd know what to do because he was so little during last year's egg hunt.
Well, let me just say that my worries were quickly laid to rest. As soon as the kids took off sprinting for the eggs, Baylor was right there with them! I don't know if he understood the point, but he wasn't going to let anyone steal his eggs. Let's just say he's every bit as competitive as his big brother!
And, equally proud of his accomplishments!

What a great warm-up for Sunday's main event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment