Not that they ever really left, but rather were probably just laying low. What am I talking about? Snakes! We've had 3 sightings in the last two weeks. One was a baby that came entirely too close to our bare toes as Anh & I walked home in flip-flops from our neighborhood street festival. He decided to slither across the sidewalk inches in front of us. Not cool!
The other sightings occurred yesterday while Baylor and I were over at my friend Whitney's house for a playdate with her son Ethan. We were walking the boys to Whitney's neighborhood park when we had the encounters. Oh, and they weren't babies. Nope, they were huge black snakes, and I don't care that they were likely Black Racers which supposedly aren't likely to bite. A snake is a snake in my book, and I prefer that they stick to their turf, the woods. The streets and sidewalks are for people. We can peacefully co-exist if we all follow the rules!
So, while I enjoyed a few months of living relatively paranoia-free, those days are over. It's back to my us vs. them mentality. Why oh why must Florida be so freakin' snake friendly?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment