Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surprise

You probably would be better off not knowing this information (I certainly was!), but I simply must share the list of items I discovered when taking down the Christmas tree. All of this was hidden beneath the tree skirt:

  • A LIVE lizard! Yeah, that freaked me out just a bit! I guess he decided to ride out the current cold wave inside the house unlike his silly buddies. At least, I hope his buddies weren't as bright.
  • A collection of outlet safety plugs? I guess Baylor or Jax decided to round up all of the unused plugs that I removed to plug in the Christmas lights.
  • A toy gun. Hey, ya' gotta' be ready for invasion at any moment!
  • A little car. No doubt hidden from one of my sons by the other son. This happens a lot around here.
  • An ornament. I'm absolutely 100% certain this was hidden by Baylor. He's been warned about touching the ornaments from the day the tree went up, and clearly, he just couldn't resist & had to hide the evidence.
  • And, last but not least, a half eatten roll from Christmas dinner! Yuck! I guess someone was saving it for later or maybe the lizard stole it.

I guess, next year, I'll periodically check this lovely hiding spot for goodies. I'm already afraid of what I may find. Boys!

2 comments:

Somewhere I Have Never Been...Sometimes I am. said...

hahahaha! doug & i were especially impressed with the dinner roll - i think the lizard scored! ;)

Amanda said...

That is hysterical!!!