Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Party Never Stops

The occasion just changes! That's what it feels like, at least. I suppose it's a good problem to have. Anyway, my party planning abilities are being put to the test. I'm Type-A which means I plan for EVERYTHING. So how did I overlook the most unpredictable element in Florida, Mother Nature, when planning Jax's 5th birthday party?

I guess I assumed that since most January days in North Florida are dry with temperatures in the 50's and 60's that it would be safe to plan a fishing themed party at our neighborhood park. Naturally, that peaked Mother Nature's interest, and she decided to stir up the longest cold snap on record for our area. Thanks, bitch!

Sorry for the harsh language, but I'm assuming that if you can read my blog, you're over the age of 6 and have probably heard the word before. And, this is one of those moments where my Type-A personality is annoyed that my plans won't play out perfectly. If you know me, then you know I don't like when things don't go according to plan.

So, today, I'm formulating a new plan. If the forecast doesn't change then we will be starting the party at the park around the pond, but then herding the group back to the house for the main event. It's the best I can aside from buying patio heaters...hmmm...off to investigate patio heaters!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am starting to plan Maxx's 1st birthday party for Feb and have no idea what to do since who knows what the weather will be like. Good luck!