Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Last Hoorah

Even though we celebrated with a somewhat elaborate party on Saturday, we simply couldn't let Jax's true birthday slip by without some festivity to mark the occasion. So on Sunday, Aunt Nguyen took him to see the new Alvin & The Chipmunks movie at the theatre. Afterwards, we celebrated with a little party at home. That's pretty much all we had the energy for after Saturday's insanity. Little kids wear you out!This is how the boys spent the afternoon until called to the table for dinner & cake. I know...we have a rough life!After weeks of holiday overindulgence, we're all trying to get back into the routine of eating healthier. Therefore, I purchased the smallest cake I could find so we wouldn't be tempted and derail our progress. We all demonstrated great restraint on Saturday. Clearly, I wasn't feeling quite as confident the following day.The birthday made his final wish for year 5 with Baylor looking on...Oops! Two out of five isn't bad! With the flames extinguished, Baylor was eager to sample the treat, but we followed tradition and presented the guest of honor with the first piece. Baylor wasn't too thrilled with that decision. However, something tells me he won't mind in May.The messy cake-eating days are over. Now, Baylor uses his utensils with painstaking care.

When we asked if anyone thought they deserved more presents, we had single volunteer. Good thing he was the intended recipient!Uncle Travis knows his nephew very well. The vintage Wolverine sign was a big hit.Surprisingly, we didn't encounter any jealousy issues when it came to presents. Baylor was happy just to sit back and watch Jax tear into the colorful packages.Although, he did have some trouble resisting the bows. Luckily, big brother didn't care. He just wanted what was in the packaging.And really, who could blame him? I want a freakin' Nintendo DS! Maybe Jax will share, but I'm not going to hold my breath.After a quick tutorial from Dad, Jax was consumed by the game.This is how Jax spent the final hours of his day, playing Speedracer. As Anh tucked him into bed that night, Jax smiled and said, "Daddy, I like 5!" Good to know, buddy! Good to know!

No comments: