It's the age! I know that, but it doesn't make it any easier. I said/complained about it before, but Baylor's early terrible 2's antics are driving me crazy. The latest battle involves his newly discovered ability to climb out of his crib. Up until this week, he's been too big of a chicken to make the leap, but I knew it was only a matter of time until he overcame that fear. Well, he did it! Great!
Now, he believes that he can determine when he will sleep. Before, you could up him in his crib when he started to get cranky, and even though he might not immediately fall asleep, he lay there peacefully, babbling to himself, and eventually drift off to sleep. It WAS a good routine. Nap/Bed time now involves screaming & tantrums as he tries to climb out of his crib to play with toys. I mean, why lay in bed when you can destroy your room or even better roam the house whenever you want?
I guess we'll work on developing a new routine that is acceptable to all parties or maybe we'll just invest in a kennel and lock him up. Either way, it's back to the drawing board.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Get a cargo net like we have for the truck to transport all of their new toys to St. Augustine. Then put him in hook the net all around and wave goodbye.
Post a Comment