Jax: "I want water!" (Shouted from the upstairs playroom.)
Mommy: "Well, you better ask nicely and come downstairs to get it."
Jax: "Aunt Nguyen, I want water!" (Completely dismissing Mommy's response.)
Aunt Nguyen: "Uh-uh, I don't think so!"
Silence. Several Minutes pass.
Jax: "I want water!"
Mommy: "Come downstairs and get it! That's not how you ask!"
Jax: "Aunt Nguyen will get it!"
Aunt Nguyen: "No, she won't!"
Jax: "Yes, she will!"
Aunt Nguyen: "No, she won't!"
Silence. Several more minutes pass, and Jax walks halfway downstairs.
Jax: "Aunt Nguyen, I want water!"
Aunt Nguyen: "Jax, I want water!"
Jax: "I want water!"
Aunt Nguyen: "I want water too! You come fix it!"
Jax: "No, you fix it!"
Aunt Nguyen: "No, you fix it!"
Jax: "No, you do it!"
Aunt Nguyen: "No, you do it!"
Jax: "No, you!"
Silence. Several more minutes pass.
Jax: "I want water." (Using a much less bossy tone.)
Mommy: "That's still not the correct way to ask."
Jax: "Please."
Mommy fixes Jax a cup of water, and he walks over to retrieve it. Jax disappears back upstairs. Where did that rude little punk come from? What happened to my sweet kid? Jax, Grandfather may have everyone trained to fetch him drinks, but he always uses a nice tone. He doesn't try to boss people around like a dictator.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wasn't even there; keep my name out of the stories. Besides I always wait patiently until someone stands up and heads to the the kitchen and only then ask. You getting a coke?
GF
He hasn't perfected your technique yet.
Post a Comment