I've been busy so far today and there's still more in store. I started the day with an 8am dentist appointment, immediately followed by my 6 week post-op appointment with my OBGYN. I received good reviews from both the dentist and the doc. A+ for me! I was almost talked into signing up for the $650 Zoom tooth whitening session, but decided that the more rational impulse buy was a new spiffy $99 Sonicare toothbrush. We're big fans of Sonicare and since ours died last week, it wasn't too hard to convince me to replace it. I had plans to do so anyway. The dentist just got my money instead of Target.
My doctor and her staff were disappointed that I didn't bring Baylor to the appointment. I explained that they were my second stop of the day, and he probably wouldn't have waited patiently for my 2 hour dentist visit. They agreed to forgive me after I promised to stop in sometime over the next few weeks to show him off. I guess that is kind of the highlight of their jobs, seeing the babies. I mean, they see us for months and months, listening to our problems and complaints. I guess it's not asking too much to see the end result once or twice. Especially since he wasn't exactly in the best mood during his first visit. That's when he was circumcised.
This afternoon we'll be heading out on another house-hunting expedition. I don't expect anything to come of our efforts. We've been looking at properties for over a year and a half now and have yet to find our dream home. By now, we would have settled for something less than perfect, but homeowners here are still in denial about the current real estate market and refuse to lower their prices. Actually, a lot of the sellers argue that they can't lower their prices because they bought their homes during the height of the market and would lose money if they listed any lower. So their houses just sit there because buyers know the properties aren't worth that anymore. It's a bad situation down here.
We're willing to pay for our dream home, but as a result, we expect it to be perfect or listed for a price that will allow us to make it perfect down the road. Instead, what we find are houses that aren't worth their asking prices that need work and usually have a floor plan that was designed by a crackhead. Seriously, men (on crack) must be designing the houses down here without any thought about how a woman will run the show within the household. The flow just makes no sense, but then they'll attach some insanely large garage to make up for it. Makes sense, huh?
So for now, we just torture realtors. I'm sure if the market was booming we'd have been labeled a waste of time and the realtors wouldn't return our calls, but given that things are DEAD here, they're all scrambling for the chance to land our sale. If we ever do find the house, it will be a nice commission for someone, and I'm sure that will make up for our picky personalities...maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment