Friday, July 25, 2008
"I Don't Like Cereal."
That is what Jax told me this morning as I poured my bowl of new Chocolatey Delight Special K cereal. It's true. He doesn't like cereal, never has. He does, however, like cereal bars. So that is what he had for breakfast, along with a yogurt. As I sat down at the table with him, I again heard, "I don't like cereal." I nodded at him, letting him know that I had heard him. He continued to eat his breakfast, and I took my first bite of cereal. "I don't like cereal," he repeated yet again. I looked at him and said, "I know Jax, but Mommy does." He watched me take another bite and noticed a little piece of chocolate on my spoon. He glanced in my bowl and stared at the little pieces of chocolate mixed in with the flakes. Then I heard,"Oh! I like that cereal. Can I try it?" Then I sat there wondering, "Why didn't I see this coming," as I enjoyed my cereal bar and yogurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment