Saturday, July 26, 2008

Improving Attitude

We have come to an agreement over the potential rental house. Originally, the owner wanted us to sign a 1 year lease with the stipulation that after 9 months he was going to relist the house for sale. I was less than thrilled about this possibility, as you might have gathered from one of my recent entries. I don't want to deal with showings. I did that with my own properties, but I had something to gain obviously. Dealing with that while renting would just be a huge pain in the ___.

Luckily, the seller understands my frustration and has agreed to not list the house until after the 12 month mark if we sign a 1 year lease or after the 24th month if we sign a 2 year lease. I'm still not happy that we weren't able to just buy a house and be done with moving, but at least the rental option is seeming like slightly less of an ordeal.

No comments: