So we're getting ready to head out to hopefully find our future home. The duties have been divided. My job was to pack the diaper bag. Anh's job was to change and dress the baby. As I'm gathering all the necessities for an outing with Baylor, I'm "supervising" Anh changing Baylor's diaper. I must supervise because for some reason my husband seems to be challenged in this area. When I change Baylor's diaper it goes down without incident. When Anh does it something always seems to go wrong. Today was no exception.
First, Baylor decides right as Anh undoes the velcro of the diaper that he must poo. No big deal. Anh handles this well, and just waits for him to finish. BUT, as soon as Baylor finishes and Anh begins the clean-up, I hear, "Oh no!" Given the activity I come rushing over expecting the worst and discover the OPEN dirty diaper has fallen to the floor! GREAT! Now we have to clean the carpet! As we're standing there looking at the mess, Baylor decides to conclude the show with a grand finale. He pees and the stream arches over him right onto Anh's cell that was strategically placed just above Baylor's head. This was no little tinkle either. The kid had obviously been holding it for quite a while.
So what does the genius Daddy do? Not what I've told him I do. Yes, this happens somewhat regularly. He's a little boy and for whatever reason unfastening the diaper seems to be a trigger. I usually prevent any diaper-change drama by placing a wipe over Baylor's pee pee as I'm changing him. This won't stop him from peeing, but it does prevent a mess. No, genius doesn't grab a wipe and cover the stream. Nope, he stands there laughing, amazed at the distance of the shot. Well at least until he realized that the shot was landing right on his precious cell phone. One would think that at that point he would cover the stream, but no, he just grabs his cell and runs for a towel to dry it off, leaving the baby whose still peeing everywhere. I guess he figured since I was standing there that I'd take over, and I did because clearly someone with a brain cell needed to handle the situation.
That dramatic 30-45 seconds results in about a 20 minute delay. I guess we'll have Daddy pack the diaper bag next time and see what results from that. Oh, and for those that also value their cell phones more than their carpet, the phone works fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment