Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Heights

We didn't do much during our holiday gathering which was a refreshing break from the insanely busy weeks leading up to Christmas. Parties and a whirlwind trip to Atlanta to shop and visit with family takes a lot out of you. I wouldn't change a thing, but it was nice to have a few days of downtime to recover. Watching movies and playing board games was just what we needed.

However, after 2 days of family time at home, we all needed to get out & about and enjoy some fresh air. On Saturday, we wandered the streets of the historic district, checking out the little gift shops. I've never been in most of the stores because the boys aren't at a gift-shop-friendly age. I like to buy things because I want or need it, not because one of my kids broke it. I'm weird like that.

Today, we decided to squeeze in one last adventure before the South GA family departed, a climb to the top of the lighthouse. Grandma and I stayed on the ground with the boys who still don't meet the height requirement to climb. Grandfather, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Travis, and Anh all made it to the summit. That's no easy feat, people! As you can below, everyone survived, and they even brought back some pretty pictures to share.







No comments: