Jax is such a character! Of course, I'm sure everyone is already aware of that very well known fact. Here are just a few examples from the last 2 weeks.
- Anh and I are "supervising" as Jax and Baylor decorate their Christmas tree. While Anh is unwrapping new ornaments from Grandfather and Grandma, Jax is digging through the box of decorations from last year looking for the bag of ornament hooks. As soon as he found the bag, he exclaimed, "I found Christmas hookers!" Oh my!
- Later that same day, Jax turned to me with a very serious face and asked, "Is Santa going to bring me toys?" To which I responded, "I don't know. Have you been a good or a bad boy this year?" After a brief pause, Jax shrugged his shoulders and said, "Sometimes good and sometimes bad. I guess we'll see." If you earn Santa points for honesty, then I think it's safe to say that he'll be happy on Christmas morning.
- During our recent Kansas trip, we were driving from Lawrence to Kansas City when I remembered that I would need to stop to pick up a few items from Target. Knowing that Jax likes to know the game plan, I told him, "Jax, Mommy has to run a quick errand and stop by Target. Then, we'll head to the Davorens' house." Jax let out a huge sigh because he was beyond ready to see his buddy, Jack, and said, "Awww, man! Let's just go to the Davorens'. The car is full!" Indeed it was, and now, you know what how much we typically buy during a trip to Target!
No comments:
Post a Comment