Because this last quarter of the year has been so incredibly hectic, I feel like a break is long overdue. I know things will relax a bit during the days leading up to Christmas & the few days after. Partly because we're only hosting half of the family this year, as opposed to the full 14 people, 7 dogs, and 1 cat. I know! It sounds crazy, and it is. BUT, it's also a lot of fun. I'm sure the downsizing this year will do everyone some good though. We'll all see each during the week of Christmas, but not necessarily on the 25th. So, we get the merriment (is that even a word? I guess so because spellcheck didn't flag it.) without the crowd. (See! This how my mind works now. I'm all over the place!)
However, the chaos will hit full steam again prior to New Year's Eve thanks to my decision to host my very own "New Year's Rockin' Eve." On that note, allow me to share a few words of wisdom. Next time you find yourself at a workplace holiday party surrounded by people griping that they have nothing to do on New Year's Eve thanks to a massive babysitter shortage, do not under any circumstances open your mouth and volunteer your home as a gathering place. I wish I had remembered that, but at the time, the 5...6...maybe more glasses of wine that I had enjoyed translated my hesitant thoughts into the following statement, "Hey! Why don't we all hang out at our place instead of going out?!"
Oh well. I do truly enjoy hosting people, and I'm sure a good time will be had by all, myself included. On a positive note, I will have plenty of help that night. Aunt Kelly, Aunt Nguyen, and Uncle Al will all be around to share in the hosting responsibilities. I'll just have to assign them a task related to their special talents. Aunt Nguyen = bartender. That's not a slight, by the way, or a jab. She's actually not a big drinker, but possesses the talent to make a really good one. Al & Kelly will require more thought.
And now, to make up for my ramblings about there not being enough hours in the day, I present the most important task that we accomplished yesterday, a trip to see Santa for the year's official photo.
While not the "official" photo that you'll find in your Christmas card, I must say that I think I may actually like mine better!
No comments:
Post a Comment