We were up bright & early on day 2 at Disney World. Nothing was going to keep us from experiencing the Magic Kingdom at it's finest, decked out for the holidays! After a quick picture at the entrance (notice: Baylor refused to cooperate), we made a mad dash into the park.

It's really quite a display. Everyone should experience the grandeur at least once, just not during "hell week." Maybe that's a bit melodramatic, but at times the crowds were absolutely overwhelming. Luckily, the morning was relatively drama-free. I guess the masses decided to sleep in or they were all enjoying character breakfasts.
Once inside, Baylor was finally feeling somewhat camera-ready.

Everybody loves Cinderella's Castle! It seems to cast a spell over you. You're magically drawn to it. I am not kidding!

Unfortunately, the magic wears off as soon as you find yourself in line. We were actually quite fortunate and managed to ride Peter Pan, Small World, and Winnie the Pooh within the first 90 minutes. Baylor LOVED every single ride and HATED every single line. He's too young to internalize his frustration like the rest of us. No, he has to share his anger with the world!

We all did our best to entertain Baylor. Some strategies were more successful than others, but to no one's surprise (I'm sure) the iPhone reigned supreme. Ultimately, we decided that 19 months is just not a good Disney-age for Baylor. He considers himself too "big" for the stroller, but the parks were entirely too crowded for him to walk on his own. Combine that with the fact that Baylor's favorite game to play that day was "watch me run away as fast as I can," and I'm sure you can understand our group frustration with him.

Jax handled the long waits like a champ. He was all smiles most of the day. The rest of us experienced a roller coaster of emotions. At the start of the day, everyone was excited and looking forward to a fun day. It helped that the lines were moving relatively quickly.

By mid-afternoon, the meltdowns began. Not Jax, this picture was staged. However, the rest of us weren't feeling so chipper. Baylor was miserable. Although, I can't say I blame him. We all woke up at the crack of dawn to insure our entrance into the park, and all the caffeine in the park wasn't helping.

The only relief came when you actually sat down to enjoy an attraction. Those few minutes were magical. Unfortunately, you were dumped back into the masses at the end of the ride.

Luckily, we did find a place for Baylor to roam free...Pooh's Playground. It seemed to be the solution for quite a few parents.

Jax made it over to his favorite spot too...the go-kart track. Vroom! Vroom! Out of his way!


With the lines out of control, we decided it would be best to just sit back & enjoy the afternoon parade. You can't help smiling at the spectacle.

Unless, of course, you're Baylor. Then, you pass out! The poor kid misses all the good stuff.

I guess the nap wasn't quite long enough because Baylor woke up in a fowl mood. Like any good mom, I knew the solution was SUGAR. Okay! Okay! So maybe that wasn't the "good mom" solution, but it worked for me at that moment. No one wanted to listen to yet another meltdown.

The boys seemed to like the new strategy.

Sadly for them, this strategy does not apply at home.

A few more rides, and we decided to call it a day.

However, we simply could not leave without seeing the SpectroMagic parade. It's incredible in every way, pure Disney spectacle! With the castle as the backdrop, we watched in awe and the illuminated floats made their way down Main Street.


It's hard to say who enjoyed the parade more, Baylor or Uncle Al?
I really can't think of a better way to conclude a day in the Magic Kingdom. As we made our way towards the exit, Disney treated us to a magical snowfall. Baylor was amazed! I think that's the happiest he was all day, even happier than when I gave him the lollipop.
Despite a few rough patches it was a nice trip. I'm already looking forward to the 2010 Disney Holiday Adventure, but you can be sure it will be scheduled prior to December 24th!
No comments:
Post a Comment