Jaxon definitely has his flaws, but I have to admit, he's one tough kid! Today, he had some blood drawn for lab work that will hopefully rule out all the big "what ifs" that could be causing his nosebleeds, and my brave little guy handled it like such a champ!
I started preparing Jax for the visit yesterday. First, I reminded him of the time he watched the nurse draw my blood while pregnant with Baylor. He remembered the event VERY clearly which led me to believe that we might have some "issues." This morning, on the way to the lab, I explained that the experience would be similar to a shot. It would hurt for a second, but then it would be all over. No big deal.
Jax didn't seem the least bit worried during the drive to the lab. He was one cool cucumber in the waiting room, and didn't seem bothered one bit when they called his name and led us back to the exam room. He climbed right up onto the lab chair when asked and gave the tech a big smile & a high five.
The tech was actually very good with Jax. She showed him all of her tools, starting with the big stretchy rubber band that she tied around his little arm. Next, she showed him the little tubes she would fill, and then VERY QUICKLY she showed him the thinnest little needle. That's when Jax immediately tensed up and let out a little whine of protest, but he composed himself very quickly, almost instantly, and let her stick him. There were no tears, no screams, just that little whine when he saw the needle, and then it was all over.
Now, we'll just wait to hear the results. I'm expecting those will be just as uneventful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did he watch her stick him? Grandfather still hugged his mother when he was 13, and he still can't watch the needle going in.
GF
Oh yes, he watched! When Jax tensed up & let out the little whine, we both told him to close his eyes. He refused and kind of pushed his arm at her as if to say, "do it." I'm telling you, he's a tough kid!
Post a Comment