Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beauty Rest

Baylor seems determined to get plenty of it. For some reason, he has been so tired lately. I first noticed the fatigue when we returned home from Tampa, but considering that our 3-day weekend threw him completely off schedule, it was unstandable that he'd need a little extra sleep.

My poor little guy was exhausted from all the fun we had. Well, by now, you would think he should have recovered. Yet, today, he was only awake for a total of 3.5 hours! He woke up this morning around 8:00am, ate breakfast, and then went back down for an early nap at 9:30am. He didn't wake up from his nap until 3:00pm!

I suspect he only woke up because he was hungry. After feeding him a late lunch, Baylor and I went out to run a few errands, but within 2 hours he was acting fussy and irritable which is usually a sign that he's tired. I seriously couldn't believe that he would already be tired, but decided not to push my luck and headed home. By the time I pulled back into the driveway at 5:00pm, Baylor was already asleep. I put him to bed expecting that he'd wake up for dinner, but it looks like he's going to sleep straight until morning.

I don't know whether he's growing or what, but the boy is clearly EXHAUSTED!

No comments: