Monday, August 3, 2009

Get-A-Way

While Anh and I endured a weekend of chores (basically, a very, very late Spring cleaning), Jax took off for a fun weekend with Aunt Nguyen. They headed South to Cocoa Beach to meet up with one of Aunt Nguyen's best friends, Dada, who was visiting from California.

Jax was happy to escape a boring weekend at home, but even more excited when he discovered there were also kids to hang out with. He met Dada's daughters, Peyton (4) & Seven (10 months), but he was was most interested in hanging with Dada's nephew, Ty (7). I'm not surprised. It's not often that he gets to hang with a cool older guy, aside from Grandfather.Jax was treated to his first ride on a WaveRunner, and I think it's safe to say that it won't be his last. Surprisingly, Jax is not a speed demon. Aunt Nguyen reported that he actually prefers to cruise along at a snail's pace, taking in the sights. I'm sure that won't always be the case! As if the dock and Intercoastal in the backyard weren't enough, the gang also spent a little time on the beach. The kids even managed to catch a wave.

Jax and Peyton are only a few months apart, and Aunt Nguyen has always joked about the possibility of arranging a marriage. Peyton is definitely a cutie. So, I guess I don't have any objections.
At this age, Jax isn't interested in Peyton though. However, he did seem to think Ty was the coolest kid ever. Luckily, Ty seemed to get a kick out of being an idol.
He took Jax under his wing, kind of like a sidekick.
The boys tested their luck with a little night fishing off the dock, but sadly, the fish weren't biting.

The next day, Ty had slightly better luck. He managed to hook a fish that his Uncle Sinh had tossed back into the water. To the boys, the details of the catch didn't matter. The fish was on the hook, end of story!

They celebrated the catch with a round of drinks, fresh coconut milk.
Jax wasn't a fan.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. I'm really glad Jax had the experience and hopeful that the kids will have the chance to get together again in the future. Maybe next time, we can get Baylor in on the action. By that point, Seven will be ready to have a play date!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am so jealous of Jax's weekend. All of that stuff looks so fun!