So, we took the plunge and became members! BUT, we started small, skipping the pricey golf and beach clubs and instead supporting the zoo. I think we made a wise investment. It wasn't where we planned to spend our day, but it was an awesome plan B.
Once through the
turnstiles, we made a beeline for the giraffe exhibit because we had hopes of catching a glimpse of the new baby born only a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the newest addition was feeling a little shy today and wouldn't come out of his
pavilion.


Luckily, not all of the giraffes are quite so introverted. Spock was actually quite interested in the visitors.

Especially the ones offering yummy mulberry leaves as a snack!


After the excitement of feeding the giraffe, one might think that fish would be perceived as boring. I guess, when the fish is as big as you are, it could be pretty interesting. It was weird though. These fish actually seemed just as interested in Baylor as he was in them.

This guy, however, could have cared less about our presence. He was right below us, but wouldn't give us the time of day. In fact, he made a point to completely ignore us. I guess we were the boring ones in this case.

The reptile house provided a little a/c break. Not surprisingly, the boys wanted to get up close and personal with all the creepy crawlers &
slitherers, but I was quite grateful for the extra thick glass forcing them to keep their distance.



The heat that drove us in to reptile house reminded me of the real reason that we actually picked the zoo as our destination, the splash zone! It wasn't open during our first trip to the zoo because it was the off season, but I remembered how nice it looked and knew it would feel extra refreshing on a hot & humid summer day.


The boys LOVED it! Water, other kids to play with, and things to climb on...What else could a boy ask for?







Jax spent most of his time entertaining the other kids. For some reason, other children just find him hilarious. I guess he is quite the goofball. In his age range, that seems to be the key to social interaction.
Baylor was exactly the opposite. He enjoyed watching the other children play, but tended to keep to himself. I think he knew that the others were older and would run him over with all their energy.

A little play mate did find him though, and then she followed him everywhere.
Ahhh, young love.



After a quick wardrobe change, we made our way over to the playground. Baylor's new girlfriend gathered her crew and followed us. She wasn't going to let her man get away.

Right away, Baylor proved that he is part monkey just like big brother. Baylor showed no fear.
Jax was the same way when he was younger, but now, after a few falls, he knows that heights can sometimes equal pain, if you aren't careful. Baylor has yet to learn that lesson and just charges boldly ahead.




My little man seemed convinced that he was going to steal this egg from the nest. Buddy, I'm sure many others have tried & failed before you.


This is my attempt to give you a close-up of Baylor's face. The slide = pure joy.


It's a good thing we enjoyed ourselves because have 364 more days to visit. Oh, and remember those privileges I mentioned in the title? We splurged, and those
privileges also apply to our guests. So don't worry. You too can have this much fun during your next visit.
1 comment:
You can see from the pictures Baylor is ready to break away from supervision. He starting to think he should be on his own. Buy a leash because I'll never catch him.
GF
Post a Comment