Monday, September 8, 2008

Texas

We arrived home late last night from our weekend in Houston, and I think it's pretty safe to say that we all wish we could have spent a few more days there. We just weren't able to accomplish all that we set out to do in 4 short days, but we know we can always go back, and next time we'll probably have a few more family members along for the ride because some seemed to be quite jealous of all the fun that Jax and Baylor had.

Aunt Glenda and Uncle Robert picked the boys up from the hotel on Friday morning so we could spend some time with Diane. The original plan involved a day and possibly 1 night of fun, but we actually didn't end up getting the boys back until Sunday. They didn't mind a bit, however, because they had an incredible time with their Great Aunt and Uncle. They spent Friday at the Houston Zoo where Jax got see a baby elephant and giraffe, in addition to all of the other animals. Jax seemed to be most impressed by the tiger though. Evidently, he wasn't the only one impressed by the animals. Aunt Glenda reported that Baylor was quite fascinated by the brightly colored fish in the aquarium exhibit.


After a full day with the animals, they headed home. Jax had no idea what fun toys awaited him there. No battery powered vehicles at Uncle Robert's house. Nope, he has the real deal. Jax was in heaven! I guess there's nothing more exciting to a 3-year old than digging dirt with heavy equipment.


In addition to all the other firsts (zoo, driving/operating heavy equipment), Jax got to go fishing for the first time. His only fishing experience involves a toy rod and battery operated fish that he plays with in the tub. I guess the tub practice didn't prepare him for the real experience because lunch that day was corn dogs, not fish.
It would seem that Jax thought he'd have better luck fishing for Baylors.
So happily, I can report that the trip to Texas resulted in some great memories for the boys. I'm sure Jax will be asking to go back. I guess I'd better get out the calendar to see when we can make that happen. After hearing the activity report from the weekend, I was actually worried that he wouldn't want to leave all the excitement behind. Luckily, Jax didn't get to see Uncle Robert's newest toy. Then, I'm certain I would have had to drag him kicking and screaming back to Florida.
Thank you so much for everything, Aunt Glenda & Uncle Robert!

No comments: