Monday, September 29, 2008

Members

We are officially members, card-carrying members to be exact, of the club or the cult as Anh calls it jokingly...I think. Our little resort community is like a country club except you become a member just by living in the neighborhood. The neighborhood association fees cover the amenities, and they are HEFTY for all of the owners, but renters, like us, get the same benefits without the dues. Yeah! Score for us!

With our card, we can access 3 different pools (a lap pool, the family pool, and the waterslide pool) and a fitness center with child-care for little kids and classes for everyone over age 4. As soon as he's old enough (in just a few months), I'm going to sign Jax up for karate, and just as soon as I motivate myself, Baylor is going to visit the fitness center playroom while I work off some baby weight. As members, we're also included in all of the neighborhood functions. They seem to have quite an active community here too, lots of parties, but it could just be the holiday season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).

Anh and I have already discussed the fact that we could find it very hard to leave all of these great things behind when it's time to move again. Maybe we'll look a little more closely at the listings in here when we resume our search in 6-8 months. Oh, we also seem to be lacking the required golf cart for scooting around the neighborhood. The adults use them for getting to and from the course and clubhouse, and the underage kids use them as their primary form of transportation to and from their friends' houses. Whatever happened to bikes?

2 comments:

mandi said...

Can I move in??? like the house wasn't nice enough, the perks are even better.

Shannon said...

Come on over! They might seriously have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming when our lease is up. ; )