Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Hayride

I'm not sure who has the better grin...the jack-o-lantern or the 3 silly boys? Ok, it's not even close. Those boys steal the show!
No one in our family really enjoys getting their hands dirty, but we decided to embrace the Season and roll up our sleeves for pumpkin carving. It went well thanks to Dad! Not surprising given his occupation. I certainly hope he's skilled at slicing, dicing, and carving.
Much debate went into this year's Halloween costumes, but eventually Jaxon & Baylor decided on being ninjas. Yes, Jaxon was a ninja last year, but this year, he's a white ninja. Baylor happily donned Jaxon's hand-me-down costume from last year, and while I realize it might be lacking in creativity, I thought the idea of 3 ninjas was cute. So, there you have it...My three ninjas!!!
What we lack in creativity, we make up for with cuteness!
Since our street is still undeveloped, we happily accepted our friends' invitation to join in the Halloween hayride. The parents & babies were able to sit back and ride from house to house while the children ran off some of the sugar rush. Talk about an ideal setup!
I'm definitely going to borrow the hayride idea in the future!
As expected, Grant didn't really get the concept of trick-or-treating, and Anh happily used his littlest ninja to reward his own sweet tooth. Better enjoy it while it lasts, dear! Your candy embezzling days are numbered!

No comments: