Friday, May 20, 2011
Three Times Three
With a HUGE milestone on the horizon, Anh and I spent some time debating all the possibilities to celebrate the occasion in a memorable way. Ultimately, we decided to let the boys PUMP IT UP on Baylor's 3rd birthday! Jaxon and Baylor were thrilled with the decision!
The staff labeled Baylor as "King for the Day" and adorned him with an inflatable crown & scepter (of course!) and turned both boys loose in the inflatable kingdom made up of 8 bounce houses. They stood stunned for a moment about where to begin, but 0.5 seconds later they were racing to the top of an inflatable mountain!
I considered that the warm-up for this 2-story slide! At first, Baylor seemed slightly intimidated by the slide's height. Luckily, parents were welcome to join in the fun, and it only took one plunge to bring out the adrenaline junkie in Baylor.
Jax, as always, was our little dare devil hurling himself down the slide face first all the while incorporating twists, turns, and flips into his performance. I guess the fear factor is somewhat removed when you're surrounded by cushioned walls!
To the boys' delight, many of the bounce houses incorporated competition and weaponry. Jousting and boxing were both big hits, as well as the obstacle course which pitted brother against brother. Let's just say, both Jaxon and Baylor are very competitive by nature. I hope they never find themselves within the same age bracket for sports. Things could get ugly!
As cool as all the bounce houses were, Jaxon and Baylor seemed to constantly gravitate back to one I'll label "The Firing Range." Go figure! Who doesn't love firing air-powered ping pong ball cannons at their mommy? I'll remember that, boys! 
Sadly, we eventually had to leave the inflatable playground, but that doesn't mean the fun came to an end. Aunt Nguyen planned a fun hibachi-style dinner for us, and of course it wouldn't be a birthday without cupcakes and presents!
Baylor is quite proud of his age! 
These aren't the only cupcakes Baylor enjoyed during his birthday week. That's right, the celebration stretched out over a full week. Ha! Midweek, we hosted a playdate that allowed Baylor to celebrate with his little buddies. Sadly, in all the excitement, I failed to take a single picture of the pool party. I'm sure you can imagine the chaos!
Bringing the festivities to a close, we celebrated Baylor's milestone one final time with Grandfather, Grandma, Uncle Travis, and Aunt Kelly. Yep, even Aunt Kelly flew in! Although, I'm fairly certain the timing was merely coincidental. As always, Grandfather arrived with enough presents to rival Christmas! Baylor didn't seem to mind receiving ALL of the new Disney Cars 2 toys currently on the market. Seriously! Grandfather doesn't understand the concept of less is more...clearly!
Ultimately, everyone had the same goal in mind...Spoiling Baylor on his 3rd birthday. Mission accomplished!
Labels:
Anh,
Aunt Kelly,
Aunt Nguyen,
Baylor,
Baylor's Milestones,
Friends,
Grandfather,
Grandma,
Jax,
Shannon,
Uncle Travis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment