As a parent, I'm sort of sad to bid this introductory year farewell. Jaxon, however, cannot wait to officially be a First Grader. He has been counting down the days! Evidently, those big bad First Graders taunt the Kindergartners and call them "babies!" Hopefully, Jaxon won't inflict the same punishment on next year's freshmen. Something tells me that Jaxon will tackle this next school year as easily as he did Kindergarten. Let's hope his mommy can say the same. With Baylor starting preschool and Jaxon in First Grade, I'd say the odds of tears being shed on the first day are high, and I'm not talking about the boys!
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Graduation Day
Sing it with me...Schoooool's out for Summer!!! Woo hoo & where did the time go?!? Jaxon went from Kindergarten to First Grade in the blink of an eye! Okay...not really, but some days it feels like it.
I'm so very proud of our sweet Jaxon and all that he has accomplished this school year. He made some wonderful friends, learned to read, and mastered his favorite subjects: P.E., recess, free time, and computers. Harvard, here he comes! My only disappointment is in the school's decision to not hold a graduation ceremony. I feel cheated out of a parental paparazzi moment. Boo! Instead, Jaxon's teacher Mrs. P invited all of the parents to Author's Night in her classroom. It was essentially an opportunity to highlight the students' work from throughout the year, and I can assure you, they have been very busy!
As a parent, I'm sort of sad to bid this introductory year farewell. Jaxon, however, cannot wait to officially be a First Grader. He has been counting down the days! Evidently, those big bad First Graders taunt the Kindergartners and call them "babies!" Hopefully, Jaxon won't inflict the same punishment on next year's freshmen. Something tells me that Jaxon will tackle this next school year as easily as he did Kindergarten. Let's hope his mommy can say the same. With Baylor starting preschool and Jaxon in First Grade, I'd say the odds of tears being shed on the first day are high, and I'm not talking about the boys!
As a parent, I'm sort of sad to bid this introductory year farewell. Jaxon, however, cannot wait to officially be a First Grader. He has been counting down the days! Evidently, those big bad First Graders taunt the Kindergartners and call them "babies!" Hopefully, Jaxon won't inflict the same punishment on next year's freshmen. Something tells me that Jaxon will tackle this next school year as easily as he did Kindergarten. Let's hope his mommy can say the same. With Baylor starting preschool and Jaxon in First Grade, I'd say the odds of tears being shed on the first day are high, and I'm not talking about the boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment