
It's official.
Jaxon is a Kindergartner, and we're off to a good start! We made it to school on time after snapping a few pictures at home and battling a traffic jam of anxious parents in the parking lot. I was impressed because
Jaxon seemed relatively relaxed on his big day. Although, I'm sure he was a little nervous because his feet started to drag a bit as we approached the front door of the school.

Anh and I did our best to document
Jaxon's latest milestone. I snapped as many pictures as possible with the camera while showing enough restraint to not demonstrate paparazzi-like behavior. Meanwhile,
Anh recorded the entire scene with his new camcorder. As I was taking this picture of
Jax with the mascot, I realized we were the only parents incorporating technology into the morning routine. Oh well...their loss. I won't be the one looking back and wishing I had more pictures for the scrapbook.

After a quick stop in the front office which was an absolute madhouse (Parents, here's a little tip...The first day of school is not the ideal time to discuss ANYTHING with the front office staff. Trust me, on that particular day, the staff really doesn't care who you are or what your problem is! They're just trying to keep their heads above churning chaos!) to obtain visitor passes, we were on our way to Mrs. P's classroom. Kindergarten here we come!


Once in the classroom,
Jax hung his backpack in his locker, found his desk, and after bestowing some parting words of wisdom and hugs, we did our best to make a quick exit because the school bell had already rung. Baylor had quickly claimed the seat next to
Jax and didn't seem to understand why he wasn't being allowed to stay, but thankfully, he didn't cause a scene as we escorted him out of the school. However, the question of the day does seem to be, "Where's
Jax?" I'd say Baylor is already bored!

Day 1 down. Tomorrow...the school bus! Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment