If you've ever had the pleasure of being in his company, then you know the following statement to be true. Baylor is NOT a wallflower! The kid is not afraid to take center stage, and my friends, we discovered yesterday that the boy knows how to make an entrance! For the second time in one week, the boys and I made the trek up to the hospital to have lunch with Daddy/Anh. I can't tell you the last time (prior to this week) that I've been brave enough to bring the boys up to Anh's office. Generally, it just doesn't go well. The office is so busy now, and the boys just don't understand that patients like the idea of a relaxing, calm environment when they visit their physician. While the majority of Anh's patients enjoy meeting their doctor's children, I don't like the idea of taking away from their experience. So, the drama of visiting is likely all in my head, but I tend to avoid Anh's office during business hours none the less.
Well, we were in town running errands on Tuesday, and Anh invited us up during his lunch break. Of course, the boys were overjoyed to see their dad. Jax was slightly disappointed that we would have to eat like commoners (I kid!) in the cafeteria rather than joining Daddy in the physicians' lounge that features a ping pong table as entertainment. Jax truly believes that is the reward for becoming a doctor, ping pong! Ahhh, to be young and naive. Jax and Baylor ultimately were just happy to score a visit with their dad. So, I'm sure you can imagine that their enthusiasm was tenfold today when they learned they were going to once again visit Daddy at his office.
The quick visit once again turned into an invitation to stay for lunch. More joy for the boys. By the time we walked through the cafeteria doors, Baylor was running through the makeshift aisle between the arranged tables with his hands raised in the air cheering, "Yay! Woo hoo! Yay! Woo hoo!" I'm soooooo not kidding! Of course, EVERYONE turned to stare at my overly animated child. Anh and I watched as the expressions changed from confusion to a shared joy, and then amazingly enough, others began to cheer and clap in celebration with Baylor. You seriously couldn't help laughing at the spectacle! I've never seen two children more thrilled to have lunch with their dad. Jax is mature enough to keep his emotions in check, while Baylor hasn't learned self control and let his emotions take over.
I think I better get these kids an agent! I swear the boys could be our retirement fund!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment