Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Similarities

Who's your celebrity crush? We all have one! Mine is Justin Timberlake. He's the definition of entertainment, a true triple threat (singer, dancer, actor). When, I asked Anh, "Who's your celebrity crush?" he responded, "Marissa Miller." I had to follow-up with a second question, "Who's Marissa Miller?" Turns out she's a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. Ummm...very interesting!

I haven't determined yet whether any particular celebrity has caught Baylor's eye, but Jax has had quite a few Hollywood hotties peak his interest. First, there was Britney, and honestly, I had to laugh at that one. At one point, Britney was the celebrity crush that captured the attention of 5 generations in our family! Anh's dad (Ong Noi), Anh, Uncle Alex, and Uncle Kyle were all intrigued. Of course, Jax would follow in their footsteps! Unfortunately, by the time Jax was able to support his own head and angle it towards Britney, she had entered her train wreck phase. I guess Jax's young age worked to his advantage in that case because he was blissfully unaware of her neurotic behavior.
After Britney, Jax moved on to Stacy Keibler, a model, actress, and professional wrestler. However, Jax discover Stacy when she appeared as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. Her long legs and graceful movements captured his attention week after week. As soon as Stacy left the stage, Jax lost interest. It was clear she had a fan!When Stacy's season concluded, Jax discovered Paris Hilton. She was plastered on all of the tabloid covers thanks to her brief incarceration at the L.A. County jail. Oh, and that sex tape! I don't really know what else to say about this one...I definitely questioned my little boy's taste.Thankfully, age brought a little wisdom for Jax. By the time he started 3-year old preschool, Jax's attention shifted from celebrities to classmates. Well, I should clarify. The 3-year old girls in his class had taken an interest in him! It seemed to be a one-way street until...Shay. One day, Shay informed Jax that she was "his girl," and that was that. She was his girl.Jax was a loyal boyfriend too. It wasn't until he bid Shay farewell after graduating from preschool, that Jax once again showed his preference for older women. Sadly, Jax was still only 5, and with Emily about to turn 11, she saw him as another little brother. End of story! Sorry, buddy!After months of pining for Emily, Jax threw in the towel and returned to the fantasy world. Now, Jax giggles uncontrollably whenever he sees a magazine or DVD cover featuring actress Amanda Seyfried. Luckily for him, she has been EVERYWHERE lately!

So...Has anyone else noticed a trend??? I'd say Jax definitely has a type!

No comments: