We'll see how long it takes for the novelty to wear off. Right now, Jax is pleading for me to let him ride the bus in the afternoons as well. I think we'll stick with mornings only for now. If he's still pleading for afternoon Independence in a couple of weeks, I'll reconsider. Ahh, Kindergarten. If only it could stay this simple & sweet...
Friday, August 27, 2010
On His Own
The skies were overcast and light rain was falling, but that wasn't enough to dampen Jaxon's spirits. Today is a day Jaxon has been eagerly awaiting. It's his first day riding the school bus, and he was ready for the experience!
Of course, Jax's shadow wasn't far behind. Again, we lucked out and avoided a scene at the bus stop. Baylor was sad to see his brother take off without him, but he understood that this was an adventure Jax would have on his own.
I think that's why Jaxon was so eager to ride the bus. The bus equals Independence. He's a big boy venturing out into the world without mom or dad interfering. At least, that is Grandfather's theory, and it makes sense to me.
As I was taking this picture, Jax shouted, "Here comes the bus!" I turned to look, and sure enough, there was the bus. I raised my camera to take a picture of Jax's big moment, and it's a good thing I was ready because he bolted for the door as soon as it opened! No "Bye, Mom!" No "Bye, Dad!" Nothing. The bus was finally there for him, and he wasn't missing out on his chance to getaway!

We'll see how long it takes for the novelty to wear off. Right now, Jax is pleading for me to let him ride the bus in the afternoons as well. I think we'll stick with mornings only for now. If he's still pleading for afternoon Independence in a couple of weeks, I'll reconsider. Ahh, Kindergarten. If only it could stay this simple & sweet...
We'll see how long it takes for the novelty to wear off. Right now, Jax is pleading for me to let him ride the bus in the afternoons as well. I think we'll stick with mornings only for now. If he's still pleading for afternoon Independence in a couple of weeks, I'll reconsider. Ahh, Kindergarten. If only it could stay this simple & sweet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment