With only days to spare, we have achieved our goal...Baylor is potty-trained!!! As a precaution, he is still sleeping in a pull-up at night, but he wakes up dry every morning. So I've promised if he keeps acting like such a big boy, I'll stop being so paranoid and do away with that last safety measure. As usual, Baylor seems to be following in Jaxon's footsteps. It's like a switch was thrown approximately a week ago, and Baylor woke up one day and decided to cooperate with the effort to rid our house of diapers.
A couple of weeks ago, Baylor was stripped of his right to wear big boy underwear after a couple of accidents. I hesitate to even call the incidents "accidents" because what Baylor was doing was actually quite intentional. He would run and hide rather than running to the potty when he felt the urge to take care of business. That resulted in a permanent return to pull-ups and night-time diapers. I told Baylor he would have to prove to me that he could be a big boy and earn his undies back. Well, Baylor did exactly that. He showed me that he could do it all on his own without me constantly prompting him and reminding him to go to the bathroom. He NEVER did this before. He could "perform" when asked, but never ever would take the initiative on his own.
It's a new era around here! After a week had passed with Baylor on his best big boy behavior, he asked me bright and early one morning as he climbed out of bed, "Can I have my underwear back, Mommy?" Yes, you can, son! Yes, you can!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment