Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spoiled

All I can say is that we are truly spoiled! We had a fabulous weekend visiting with some of our dear friends, John & Mia, that flew into Orlando to spend a week at Disney. As if catching up with them wasn't enough of a treat, our weekend adventure was made so much better when our other good friends, Bob & Whitney, offered us the use of their Orlando condo. Yeah, we had to think long and hard about accepting that offer. Riiight! I just have to say, "Yay for friends, both the local & out-of-town ones!" The resort was the perfect combination of relaxation and fun. The boys were in heaven as soon as they saw THIS...A water park wonderland!!! Our group that included five little boys could not have been any happier. Seriously! John & Mia's oldest sons, Julien (6) and Jamie (4), took an instant liking to Jax and Baylor. They were best buds from the moment they met, really. We, the parents, need to do a better job of getting together. Otherwise, there's a good chance the boys will be driving (or close to it) by the next time they see each other. Simply put, we have entirely too much fun together to let time & opportunity pass us by like that.Oh, and allow me to introduce the HIT of the weekend, John Jr. (otherwise known as Little Johnny)! Not to take anything away from the other 4 adorable little boys in our gang, but OMG Johnny just captured everyone's hearts! I tried to convince him to switch teams and join our family, but John & Mia weren't willing to negotiate. As sad as I was to say good-bye to Johnny, I think it may be for the best that we keep the two littlest master minds separated. Here they are, working together to raid the beer bucket!Don't worry! They never managed to get their hands on an open can!The playground was outfitted with water cannons and "broken" pipes that gushed water EVERYWHERE. The kids had to work tirelessly to turn off the gushers before the GIANT (and I do mean GIANT!) bucket perched precariously on top of the entire structure could fill to the brim and send it crashing down over the entire area. Yeah, it was a sight to be seen!!!Whoever designed this wonderland is a genius! It's the perfect playground for sweltering Florida. Now, if only I could get one in my backyard! And, I'm complaining about my power bill now. Can you even imagine?Although, after seeing the pure joy our kids experienced, I dare say the expense would be worth it. For now, we'll have to settle on revisiting our friends' condo as often as possible. I can assure them, we won't hesitate to invite ourselves back for another weekend. Ha!

No comments: