Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crush

It seems that Jax has a new crush. For most of the summer, Jax has made it clear on an almost daily basis that he misses Emily D. His infatuation began on the cruise and has tortured him ever since. In Jax's defense, he tries to conceal his love for her. He'll tell me, "Mom, I miss my friends. When are we going to visit them again?" I always look at his pitifully sad face and ask, "Buddy, who do you miss the most?" Then, Jax's face lights up with a huge grin as he responds, "Emily!" I have to say, it's really cute.

So, you can imagine my surprise when Jax proudly showed off some artwork that he received from a female classmate yesterday. The papers were covered with hearts, and the little girl had even drawn a picture of her and Jax together. Ahhh, young love! Well, sadly, this attention didn't shock me. Jax has had a few admirers in the past, but Emily was his first actual crush. Did you notice my use of past tense? This morning Jax ran into the bedroom upset that his paper was wrinkled. I thought he was holding one of his "love notes" from yesterday, but it turned out to be artwork that he had made this morning and planned to present to his new lady when he arrived at school. Oh goodness! And so it begins...the revolving door of girlfriends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thank you for sharing. These are the moments to cherish!