Sorry to leave so abruptly, and honestly, without just cause. I have no excuse for abandoning the blog for so long except to say that I have been L-A-Z-Y! That's an acceptable reason, right? It's HOT (Nearly 100 degrees with humidity hot!), and then, factor in the rain and you don't exactly end up feeling motivated. We wasted away the last week watching movies under the overworked ceiling fan because the thermostat has been dialed back a notch due to a nearly $500 electric bill for the month of June. Oh how I wish I was exaggerating!!! I have no idea how that happened. This house is actually smaller than our last one, and we never had a bill like that there! I think I'll blame the government and BP.
Anyway, we are officially back in action, and I do have an update from the break. Jax is back in school for the 2nd summer session. I thought he might feel discouraged to return to preschool even if only briefly, but it seems that he is actually relieved to avoid Kindergarten for a few more weeks. Jax, the social butterfly, is worried because none of his friends will be at his new school. Anh and I have explained that everyone is going to be a new student, and therefore, everyone will be trying to make new friends. This knowledge has done nothing to improve Jax's outlook. I'm not worried though. He'll be just fine & juggling new playmates before we know it. For now, he's back with his buddies enjoying themed days like Waterslide Wednesdays & Sports Thursdays. Yeah, don't feel too bad for him!
Baylor and I are still busy with playdates and the typical household errands, chores, and projects. We added some new friends to the mix, Kate and her twins Lexi and Dylan. The twins are precious and seem like they'll be great new buddies for Baylor, especially Lexi. She's the first girl in the play group. It's about time these boys had someone step to be the leader! These new friends are joining in the chaos just as we have to say good-bye to Lisa, Jay, Hayden, and Hudson. They are moving away and will definitely be missed. I guess we can look on the positive side and tell ourselves that we now have one more fabulous place to visit.
Baylor and I have also slowly started the adventure of potty training. I'll share more on that later. I doubt it will be any easier the second time around. Baylor is the epitomy of stubborn! Wonder where he gets that?! So, even though I initially blamed my absence on lazy behavior, it appears I've actually been quite busy. Funny how life works?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment