Saturday, February 28, 2009

We're Alive

Just in case you were wondering. I've been bad about blogging this week. It's not because I don't have anything to report. It's because we've been so dang busy! Anh's new office is thisclose to being complete, and that has us running around in circles. Construction is pretty much done, just a few minor details left.

Right now, our home looks like a warehouse. We have new office equipment and furniture stashed in every corner and closet. Sometime next week, we expect to start moving in and decorating the new space. That's when we'll finally see if we were successful at translating a mental picture to reality. I'm actually a little jealous of some of the pieces. I wish they were staying here at the house. I wonder whether Anh would notice if they didn't make it on the moving truck?

This week, we also started interviewing applicants to staff the new office. Our classified ad ran in the paper for 7 days, and we have been absolutely swamped with applications. I guess the media isn't exaggerating the sorry state of the economy. There are a lot of people looking for work! It's sad actually. I mean, it's good for us, but bad for them. We're only hiring two people, and it seems like we may have too many qualified people applying which could make the choice tougher than we thought. We were actually prepared to run a second ad in the event that we didn't receive enough qualified applicants. I don't think that's going to be an issue. All in all, I guess it's a good problem to have.

In addition to all the work on the office, all three boys have been dealing with some sort of illness. Each has different symptoms which makes me think that they all came down with something independently. Jax still has his cough. Although it has progressed from this horrible chest congestion cough to this extremely irritating throat irritation type thing that causes him to clear his throat CONSTANTLY. I'm seriously losing my mind! It is beyond irritating for both of us.

Baylor has turned into a fountain of snot. His poor nose just runs and runs. He runs from me when he sees me holding a tissue because his nose is so raw. Otherwise, he's fine. No cough. No fever. Baylor also decided this week that he no longer likes baby food. Never mind that just last week, he was eating 4-5 containers of it each day. Nope, this week, it's garbage that you had better not dare offer it to him. He wants table food. No big deal, except Baylor still only has 1 tooth. I'm kind of limited in what I can offer him because I don't want him to choke. So come on, teeth! Hurry up already! Baylor wants real food!

Anh completes the trio of sickos. He came down with the complete whammy - cough, sore throat, and allergies. He didn't let it slow him down though. He couldn't. There's just too much to get done. Somehow, I've managed to avoid all the sickness. I'm sure I've willed myself to remain healthy. At this point, I think I've avoided the truly contagious period. I just have to pray that my nerves can survive Jax's throat tickle. I know, I know...I'm horrible!

No comments: