Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Milestone

He did it! Baylor took his first steps, 3 of them! I was sitting in one of the living room chairs with Baylor on the floor standing next to me. I was actually trying to examine his gums to see if any new teeth were on the verge of making an appearance. Sadly, it looks like his 1 tooth will be lonely for a bit longer.

After a thorough exam, I turned him loose. Instead of reaching for the end table to bridge the gap between the chair and the couch, he just walked right over to the couch like it was no big deal. I, of course, made a huge deal over his accomplishment. I was telling him, "Way to go, Baylor! You walked, buddy! You're such a big boy! You walked!" Baylor just looked at me like,"No biggie, Mom. What are you so excited about?"

It wasn't until Baylor did it AGAIN that he really exhibited any excitement over the milestone. He paused, looked over at me with a huge smile, and waited for me to go nuts again. I obliged, and that was it, back to crawling. For now, at least. Hopefully, he'll give a repeat performance when Daddy gets home and for Grandfather and Grandma this weekend.

Baylor better get moving, actually. In less than 2 weeks, he will be 9 months old. Jax was sprinting from one end of the house to the other by 9 months. Will he hold on to his bragging rights? We'll see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yayyy! Good job, Baylor! And I want to see picture of his smile with only one tooth!

Gwyneth said...

Wow, you've got some quick learners in that house! Congrats Baylor! Now he's really going to be a handful!