Sometimes Jax is just too smart or maybe I should say clever. Here's an example. Today we were strolling through Costco. Jax pointed to a Wii game and asked, "Mommy, can I get that?" Now, normally I can be persuaded to get him whatever it is that he's asking for because honestly, the kid doesn't really ask for much.
Jax doesn't have to. Grandfather usually buys it long before Jax is even aware that it exists. So when Jax does ask for something it's usually 1 of 2 extremes. It's either something really small, like a treat or drink, or something really cool & expensive, like a go-cart. So my typical response is usually, "Yes." to the small items or, "Let your Dad and I talk about it." for the expensive things.
Today, when Jax asked for the Wii game, I told him, "No, we don't need any more Wii games right now. You got a couple of new games for Christmas, and we need to get our money's worth out of those games before we buy new ones." Jax seemed surprised. He looked at me and said, "Wait. Wait. Can't we talk about it?" Too funny that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment