Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cough, Cough, Cough

We've been relatively lucky when it comes to illness. Both kids must have strong immune systems because they very rarely get sick. Of course, now that I've said something we'll catch every little bug that is circulating! Seriously though, except for a brief period when Jax started school, he's probably been sick less than 5 times in 4 years. Baylor has never been sick. Again, I've just cursed both my children.

That said, I guess we were due for something. Jax has come down with a nasty cough. The poor kid can't stop hacking. I know his chest must be sore. He's handling it really well though, no bad mood or anything. I noticed he was coughing on Tuesday, and mentioned to Anh that he would probably need to stay home from school on Wednesday. Anh being a "know-it-all doctor" said it was just a little cough, and Jax should be fine to go to school. Silly doctor...a mother knows!

Sure enough, by the next morning Jax's cough was worse, and Anh was forced to admit that my assessment was correct. Jax would not be going to school. Aside from coughing up a lung every 5 minutes, Jax had a relatively good day that involved lots of time on the Wii. Sounds like a kid's dream sick day to me.

Luckily, Baylor isn't showing any symptoms yet. It's hard enough to listen to Jax and not cringe. I really, really hope that Baylor doesn't catch it. However, given my earlier statements, I'm sure he's doomed! I'm off to knock on some wood.

No comments: