Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Argggggg!!!

Ahoy, Mateys! Our dear scallywags, the D Family, were in town for Spring Break, and we thought what better way to celebrate than with a pirate cruise! You can't do that just anywhere!The kids, all SIX of them, seemed super excited for the adventure. I'll admit I was looking forward to it as well! Can you blame me? It's not often that you have the chance to sail on a real life pirate ship.
Even little Grant was awake and pumped up for the sail. He probably didn't know what to make of all the commotion and strange characters, but he sure looked cute in his skull & crossbones bib.
As we sailed the waters of the bay watching the sunset, the pirates on board entertained us with witty banter and a brief somewhat educational and somewhat humorous history of piracy.Stories were told, songs were sung, and faces were painted. The ship's wench served up gruel and grog. It was a jolly (roger) good time!Grant was just as fascinated as the older kids, if not more so. I certainly can't say I blame him. The whole event was definitely a spectacle...in a good way!
The sword fighting lesson was especially entertaining. After days of non-stop activity, Baylor could barely keep his eyes open, but he certainly wasn't about to miss an opportunity to slay a pirate. I don't think this band of pirates was prepared for my sword-wielding boys!What a special way to end another fun week with the D Family! It's always good to have them around and sad to see them go. Thankfully, we know there's always another group adventure on the horizon, and we never let too much time pass without a reunion. Counting down the days until our Summer vacation!

No comments: