Monday, March 5, 2012

2 Months

Look at that face! Could he possibly be any cuter? The answer is NO! Grant is giving his two big brother's a run for title of Best Baby Ever! Not only is he cute as a button, but Grant has the sweetest disposition. He's so happy and content.His cries aren't the wailing that you so often hear from babies. Grant rarely fusses, and if he does, it's easy to determine what he needs. He has a distinct cry to indicate whether he's hungry, wet, or tired. Those are his 3 concerns. Seriously, he's pretty darn low maintenance.
At 2 months old, Grant has discovered his hands and his tongue. He makes the funniest faces! His hands are always in his mouth. I swear Anh must be dipping Grant's fist into chocolate or coating it with jam when I'm not looking because Grant is always gnawing on it like it tastes heavenly! The play gym toys occasionally serve as a punching bag. I'm sure in a few weeks the punching will transition to grabbing. Ahhh...I remember the grabbing phase well. My hair and jewelry make me an easy target!

Grant already seems frustrated that he can't run and play with his brothers. His favorite activity is "standing" with some help, of course. He just loves to feel like he's making progress towards walking. Our little guy also seems to be taking an interest in food. He studies you as you eat, and now cries if he's not seated at the table to witness a meal. I guess he likes torturing himself! Thankfully, 5 ounces of formula seems to fill him up quite nicely, and for now, he's content with his limited offerings.

At our latest check-up with Dr. M, Grant was 23 1/4 inches long and 12 lbs, 12 oz. That places him in the 75th percentile. A bit bigger than Jax at that age, but smaller than Baylor who was off the growth charts. To me, that makes him just about perfect! I'd say the opinion is shared by many!

No comments: