
It wasn't a "Shower" because I specifically responded, "No, but thank you." when my friends offered to throw me a baby shower. However, I guess we're friends for a reason...say because we're stubborn and once we've made up our minds on a matter, there's no deviating from the plan. I don't know the mastermind was exactly in the plot against me, but I'm quite certain that my friends Whitney and Geraldine deserve the majority of the credit and that with very little effort they recruited my own sister, aka Aunt Kelly, as well!

The goal was to surprise me, but I won't lie. I don't think any of my friends or my sister have a future as hardcore criminals. They aren't particularly slick or shady! Knowing that I'd prefer a small, intimate gathering as opposed to a lot of fanfare, the girls hosted what I'll refer to as a fabulous "Sprinkle." The tea party theme was adorable, and the Tea Bar featured a delightful assortment of flavored teas.

It would be impossible to name a favorite, but I did my best to sample each and every variety. It's a good thing that Kiddo #3 has a few weeks to detox from all the caffeine.

And, it wouldn't be a tea party without tasty treats! Whitney put her hubby Chef Bob to work for the party, and my oh my! He really outdid himself with the spread!

The tablescape was whimsical and picture-perfect! It was almost to pretty to eat...ALMOST!

One simply couldn't resist the shots of Vichyssoise, prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe, tea sandwiches, lobster and potato petit fours, and freshly baked scones and biscotti.

Needless to say, the Ladies were IMPRESSED, and I overheard more than one of friends utter something along the line of, "I wish my husband would cook something...anything...This is AMAZING!" I couldn't have said it any better myself. WOW!


Of course, then there were the desserts...


Delicious doesn't even come close to being a suitable adjective.


Then, as if the afternoon wasn't grand enough, the Ladies insisted I tackle the mountain of presents that had accumulated on the coffee table. When asked about a baby shower, I insisted that it wasn't necessary because we have everything we could possibly need for the baby. Apparently, the Ladies did not share my opinion!



So, Kiddo #3, I hope one day when you're thinking, "How come I only get hand-me-downs?" that you'll discover this blog entry and know that all your "Aunties" were looking out for you and trying to prevent that thought from becoming reality. Presents are always appreciated, but what's truly touching is knowing that I have friends and family who go above and beyond (despite my protests) to make acknowledge and celebrate the special moments in my life. The gift that means the most is the gift of their time. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm a VERY lucky girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment