Thursday, December 15, 2011

Yellow

Allow me to introduce our very own Martial Arts Master! Jaxon was invited to test for his yellow belt in Karate this month and passed with flying colors.
Given Jaxon's highly competitive nature, I suspected he might feel some pre-test nerves, but I couldn't have been more wrong. He was relaxed and carefree as he warmed up in the studio. Always the supportive brother, Baylor was right by Jaxon's side during the warmup stretches, but then sat with me on a nearby bench for the actual test.
As Jaxon's instructor, Master J, started the testing exercises, Baylor turned to me with a confused look on his face and asked, "Is Jax going to fight?" I smiled and explained that Master J was only going to "play fight" with Jaxon so we could see all the great moves that Jaxon has learned. Baylor seemed relieved. I guess he was a tad worried about his big brother. I can't say I blame him. Standing next to Master J, Jaxon looked a bit mismatched!
Jaxon proudly demonstrated his blocking, kicking, and punching skills and then easily completed the board break which was his final hurdle. Jaxon beamed as Master J awarded him the new yellow belt, and that broken board is a trophy that accompanies Jaxon EVERYWHERE...including Grandfather & Grandma's house in Georgia. Congratulations on this first step, Jaxon! I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments: