What scares you most on Halloween? Monsters? Witches? Evil spirits? Nope. A preschool Halloween party! Ekkkkkk! A classroom full of little kids hopped up on sugar, losing their minds and all sense of control. That's what sends my pulse skyrocketing! BUT, it's also a lot of fun and nothing was going to keep me from attending Baylor's class party. Sanity is way over-rated!

I'm not sure whether it was coordinated, but Baylor's best buddy Gabriel was also dressed as Darth Vader. The evil twins seemed quite pleased with their matching costumes and together vowed to crush anyone that posed a threat to the power. Looks like Buzz Lightyear might want to watch out!

Both Ms. J and Ms. S, Baylor's teachers, deserve a lot of credit for dedication to early education. I don't know how they do it, to be quite honest. Now, granted their typical day is hopefully a little less chaotic, but I still doubt I'd last a week in that environment. Let's just say, I take their requests to have Baylor in class 5 days a week rather than 3 as quite the compliment. There were a handful of kids in that class that I'm certain they would be delighted to see less of on a weekly basis. What a relief to know that my little man doesn't fall in that category!


Ms. J and Ms. S actually make corralling that many 3-year old years look easy. They never broke a sweat once during the 3-hour party, and if they were ever flustered, they hid it well. That was definitely not the case for the majority of the parents. I'd say half looked ready for a drink by the 60-minute mark, and the other half were plotting their discreet exit about an hour later. There were only a 2 other die-hards like me that lasted the entire party. Yes, I think I deserve a medal, and Ms. J & Ms. S clearly deserve sainthood.


Snack time was surprisingly healthy and even more shockingly...the kids actually ate the food! Who knew?! Oh, and Ms. J and Ms. S weren't kidding when they announced at the beginning of the year that cupcakes are a forbidden food in their classroom. One mom brought in 2 dozen "Martha Stewart-esque" cupcakes, and they sat in their container untouched for the duration of the party. Apparently, cupcakes are tasty but result in a colossal mess. Even saints have their limits!


Snack time was followed by arts & crafts stations which involved all the parents. I was lucky enough to be assigned to the Ghost Station which involved bottles of craft glue (Yay!) and tissue paper, and wouldn't you know it, we were lucky enough to be stationed directly under the classroom ceiling fan. Flying tissue paper EVERYWHERE, and no matter how many times you try to explain to a 3-year old that less-is-more when it comes to glue, they just don't get it! Fun & very sticky times!

Am I glad I made the time to attend Baylor's Halloween party and witness the utter chaos...I mean fun? Of course! However, I'm equally thrilled that this is a once-a-year event. Now, the countdown is on to mentally prepare for the Christmas and Easter parties. Oh my!
No comments:
Post a Comment