Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grump

Wow! What a day with Mr. Grumpy, also known as Baylor. My little guy is the latest victim of a bad cold virus that has been circulating through the family. I was the first to suffer the wrath, then Jax, and now Baylor. I understand exactly how miserable the symptoms are which is why I'm trying not to take it personally that Baylor's sour attitude is directly entirely at me. What the heck did I do? Oh yeah, I guess I was the one who infected everybody, but it's not like I did it intentionally! Jax handled his bout like a little man and didn't complain a bit.

The best example I have from today's episode of "Driving Mr. Grumpy" occurred as I was driving us to the grocery store. I looked at Baylor in the rear view mirror and said, "I love you, buddy!" Baylor glared back at me, shook his head, and said, "No love you!" Man oh man! That's a first! I hope that's not a scary glimpse of what lies ahead in the teenage years...

No comments: