Thursday, October 28, 2010

Forty-Four

That is the magic number...in inches...to climb to the top of the lighthouse! Man oh man, has Jaxon been waiting a loooong time for this milestone.Lucky for me, it was my turn to make the climb to the top with our guests. So, I got the added bonus of witnessing Jax's first ascent. I was a little worried leaving Anh on the ground alone with our two little guys that didn't meet the height requirement, but ultimately, all went well and there was no drama. Although, little Finn was probably a little confused when we waved at him from the top. You see, Anh told Finn that his parents went to use the potty when he asked for them. That would be one out of the way potty!
Alex, Parker, and Jax were beyond excited to climb to the top. They could hardly contain their energy and practically raced to the top. In fact, on more than one occasion I found myself saying, "Slow down! Be careful! It's not a race!"We forced the boys to pause momentarily on every other landing to admire the view, but really it was so we could catch our breath and keep up with them.As always, the scenary was amazing! There's a reason this is my favorite local attraction.Of course, Jax and I posed for a few pictures to document his big day. He was sooooo proud!I guess in the process of taking in the 360 degree views, the boys finally realized exactly how high off the ground we actually were, and that made the trip back down the stairs extremely slow. Those handrails that we were barking at them to use were now griped extra tightly. Suddenly, the kiddos weren't quite as confident.But, once back on the ground, they returned to their usual goofy selves. Whew!