Continuing this week's theme of "All About Jax," I can happily report that my first "official" parent-teacher conference went very well. On Wednesday, I met with Mrs. P, and learned that Jaxon is a very social kid. Okay! Okay! We all knew that already. Which is why I found it so funny that Jax was worried about making friends in Kindergarten. It seems he was worrying over absolutely nothing because he has established a nice social network within his class and is best friends with his tablemates A, M, & D.
As far as new information, I looked over Jaxon's first tests. He scored a 92, 100, and 83. Not sure what happened with that third one to ruin the A streak. Although, I guess grades no longer come in the form of A's, B's, C's, D's, and F's. Now, Kindergartners in Florida earn M's (Meeting Sunshine State Standards), P's (Progressing Towards Sunshine State Standards), and I's (Needs Improvement). Jaxon is earning M's across the board. Woo hoo! M's!!! I know...that just sounds weird, but at least the first progress report was good. Not that I was worried. I know my kid is bright!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment